Skip to content

Tuesday 14 March 2023

Location:     Beckwithshaw Village Hall

Present:         Councillors – Cllr D Spence (Chairman), Cllr M David, Cllr A Ellis, Cllr J Parish, Cllr

Mr S Swires and Cllr N Hull (arrived after start of meeting).

Parish Clerk – Mrs J H Galloway.

                    2 Members of the public were present.

1        Apologies    Cllr Mrs S Swires and Cllr V Oldham.

2        Declarations of Interest             None.

3        Exempt Information                     None.

4        Minutes of the meetings held on 14 February 2023  

Approval of the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting was proposed by Cllr Parish, seconded by Cllr Steven Swires and signed by the Chairman.

5          Urgent Business       –          The Parish Council Vacancy, Cllr Mr Steven Swires to

complete Declaration of Interest etc forms.

Bench – Email received from Persimmon Charles Church,

Siting of bench passed to their technical department .

VAS – Continue to seek funding.

Grass Cutting – Agreed for NYC to continue Verge cutting.

 

Draft Parish Charter – The Parish Council has considered

the Charter and have no comments.

Defib Grant –  Grant Approved. Agreement proposed by

Cllr Spence, seconded by Cllr J Parish and carried by all.

Newsletter and Litter Pick – Litter Pick on 25 March at

10.00am, meeting in Village Hall Car Park.

Newsletter ready for delivery

 

Coronation – Any ideas Budget of £200, proposed by Cllr Sally

Swires, seconded by Cllr Parish. Cllr J Parish to investigate

Coronation Mugs.

Wish List –  Consider items to be included, eg: Renewal of

Rural Footpath to Cricket Ground, VAS.

6        Finances       The bank balances at 14 March 2023 were reported to the Parish Council:

                    Business Current Account                                                              £2,283.83

                    Business Money Manager (Deposit Account)                                  £5,456.24

                                                                                                                        £7,740.07

          Clerk to investigate the possibility of a ‘Debit Card’ for some payments. – still trying.

         

          Received NYC grant   £904.80

                    Paid Chevin Landscapes £300.00

                    Approval for Clerks Expenses   £170.76   –  Approved by Cllrs Spence and Ellis

                    Prior Approval For Wages  and Tax          – Proposed by Cllr J Parish and

                                                                                    Seconded by Cllr David, carried by all.

 

 

          TP Jones   Increase in fee for salary preparation – Approved

 

 

7 & 8  County and District Councillors –        Work on Kex Gill has Started.

                                                                      New Locality Fund available from 1 April 2023

 

 

9        Planning Matters    Decisions

 

            23/00377/FUL                                                 Granted Subject to Conditions

            Two storey extension to side/rear at Thackray House, Moor Park, (Lois Manton)

                                    Withdrawn

            23/00261/PBR

Prior notification for conversion of agricultural buildings to 1 dwelling and annex at

Beckwith Barn, Beckwith (Jenny Cairns)

                                                Applications

23/00642/TPO

Works to Trees at Bluecoat Wood Nurseries (Horticap)

            The Parish Council has no objections.

23/00781/PBR and 23/00793/PBR

Prior notification for conversion of agricultural buildings to 1 dwelling and annex at

Beckwith Barn, Beckwith (Jenny Cairns)

            Further discussion required

23/00860/FUL

Proposed detached single storey garage at Snell House Farm, Otley Road (Mr Robert

Fearnley)

Further discussion required

10      Local Plan             Local group still in contact re plans locally

 

 

11      Traffic and Highways                 Clerk attended Highways workshop at Boroughbridge

                                                  and will make report when Highways forward the slide show

information.

Report list from village survey via Portal.

Problems can be reported to North Yorkshire on the following webpage:

https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/report-online

12      Copse and Grass cutting           Request revised quote from Chevin Landscapes

13      Correspondence              None.

14      Councillors Questions    Question about Commuted Sums re spend dates and locality.

15       Date & Time of next meeting:    At 7.30pm     Tuesday 11 April 2023 Parish and PC

                                                                                Tuesday 9 May 2023 Annual and PC

The meeting closed at 9.32pm

Please check the website for further information – www.beckwithshaw.org

 

SUMMARY OF ACTIONS REQUIRED

No. Action Responsibility
1 Reclaim VAT – ongoing Clerk
2 Broadband, continuous Cllrs Spence and Ellis
3 Speed on Lady Lane, Data Loggers Cllr David
4 Parish needs for Traffic Management Cllrs Spence, Ellis and David
5 Contact Highways – ongoing Clerk
6 Extract data from Traffic sign – ongoing Clerk

 

Back To Top
Search