HAVERAH PARK WITH BECKWITHSHAW PARISH COUNCIL

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON Tuesday 19 July 2022

 

 

Location:     Beckwithshaw Village Hall

 

Present:         Councillors – Cllr D Spence (Chairman), Cllr A Ellis, Cllr J Parish, Cllr Mrs S Swires

                                        And Cllr M David.

Parish Clerk – Mrs J H Galloway.

 

                    1 Member of the public was present.  

 

 

                   

1        Apologies    Cllr N Hull and Cllr V Oldham .

 

 

2        Declarations of Interest             None.

 

 

3        Exempt Information                   None.

 

 

4        Minutes of the meetings held on 14 June 2022  

 

Approval of the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting was proposed by Cllr Swires, seconded by Cllr Ellis and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

5        Urgent Business            Hedges – The owner one of the hedges had been invited to

attend the meeting, but could not attend. He has emailed that he

plans within the week to address the overgrown hedges/shrubs

and complete the first week in August.

 

Boundary Fence – A letter to be sent back to NYCC saying that the Parish Council is not happy with their response. Parish Councillors were given a history of the copse and a resume of the problems with the boundary. Clerk to compose a letter to NYCC with input from Cllrs.

 

Insurance – Cllr Parish to review the policy with regard to the damage that could be incurred by the trees in the Copse. She reported that survey results would be available within the next two weeks.

 

VAS – Cllr Spence to make application to the Knabbs Ridge Fund

 

 

6        Finances       The bank balances at 19 July 2022 were reported to the Parish Council:

                                                                                                             

                    Business Current Account                                                              £1,626.86

                    Business Money Manager (Deposit Account)                                  £5,436.67

                                                                                                                        £7,063.53

                   

          Approval given to pay Cllr Parish for the cost of traffic banners.

          £62.08 -  Approved by Cllr Ellis and seconded by Cllr Spence                   

 

 

7 & 8  County and District Councillors

 

                    Clerk has repeated the request to Cllr Hull for a grant form.                      

 

 

9        Planning Matters - Decisions

          22/01864/DVCON                       Granted Subject to Conditions

Variation of Condition 2 of Planning Permission 21/00469 at Central House Farm,

Penny Pot Lane (Mr P Stainsby)                     

                              Appeals

222/00044NREFPP          

Erection of dwelling with associated access and hard and soft landscaping at land to

the east of Hill Top View, Hill Top Lane (Mr D Hayton)

 

 

10      Local Plan             Infrastructure Delivery Plan due in October.

                                        There will be a stakeholders meeting by October.

 

 

11      Traffic and Highways       Work has been scheduled by NYCC to replace the Double

Yellow Lines and the “School” Road Marking on Otley road in the

village. They have also scheduled the replacement of the “Anti-slip

Surface” on Pot Bank.

 

The grass verges alongside the footpath into Harrogate has only been

partially cut, Machine was seen at side of road broken down.

 

The Transport Mitigation Review panel have been asked for a bus route

to/through Beckwithshaw and for traffic calming measures in the village.

Cllr Parish to pass to Keith Jameson at NYCC the analysis collected

from the VAS to support our requests.

 

 

12      Copse and Grass cutting           All the requested work in the copse has been completed

and an amended invoice paid.

 

The “Queen’s Green Canopy” plaque to be placed at the Oak

sapling at Shaw Lane junction and the Diamond Jubilee plaque to be replaced at the Oak tree in the Village Hall field.

Clerk has obtained another small oak sapling free from the

woodlands trust.

 

It has been reported that the street name sign at the Norwood

Lane junction is obliterated by long grass. It has also been

reported that a vehicle is blocking the Williams Court street name

sign.

 

 

13      Correspondence              None.

 

 

14      Councillors Questions    Continue to actively seek a new Parish Councillor to fill the

Vacancy.

Thought to be given to the distribution of the remainder of the

Jubilee medals.

 

 

 

15. Date & Time of next meeting:         At 7.30pm     Tuesday 13 September 2022

                                                                                Tuesday 11 October 2022

                                                                                Tuesday 15 November 2022

                                                                                Tuesday 10 January 2023                                                                                             Tuesday 14 February 2023

                                                                                Tuesday 14 March 2023

                                                                                Tuesday 11 April 2023 Parish and PC

                                                                                Tuesday 9 May 2023 Annual and PC

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.30pm

 

Please check the website for further information – www.beckwithshaw.org

 

SUMMARY OF ACTIONS REQUIRED

 

No.

Action

Responsibility

1

Reclaim VAT - ongoing

Clerk

2

Broadband, continuous

Cllrs Spence and Ellis

3

Speed on Lady Lane, Data Loggers

Cllr David

4

Parish needs for Traffic Management

Cllrs Spence, Ellis and David

5

Contact Highways - ongoing

Clerk

6

Extract data from Traffic sign - ongoing

Clerk

7

Letter to NYCC re School Boundary

Cllr Spence and Mr I Galloway