MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON Tuesday 13 February 2018
Location: Village Hall, Beckwithshaw.
Present: Councillors – Cllr M Nicholson, Cllr Mrs K Wilson, Cllr D Spence, Cllr T Muirhead, Cllr
Cllr Mrs J Ryder and Miss V Oldham.
Parish Clerk – Mrs J H Galloway
5 Members of the public were present.
1. Apologies: Cllr S Lumley
2. Declaration of Interest: None.
3. Exempt Information: None.
4. Minutes of the meeting held on 9 January 2018:
Approval of the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 9 January 2018 was proposed by Cllr Spence and seconded by Cllr Muirhead.
5. Matters arising not dealt with elsewhere: None.
6. Traffic Working Party Report: No report from working party.
A quote for two types of flashing speed signs has been received, both include
Data collection. Apply to Knabbs Ridge for funding.
7. Urgent Business: Appoint a Data Protection Officer at next meeting.
A new Emergency Plan is required, collect information required re
“vulnerable help/people, via the next newsletter. UPDATE – Harrogate
Borough Council will assist in setting up the new plan.
8. County Councillor’s Report: None.
9. District Councillor’s Report: On 1 March there is a Police 24hr Operation Checkpoint
Covering the district.
10. Planning Matters:
17/04926/COU Approved Subject to Conditions
Change of use of Residential Dwelling to form a Mixed Use Residential Dwelling (Class-C3)
And Child Minding Service (Class-D1) at Beckwith Lodge Farm, Beckwith Head (Mrs R J
Retention of agricultural building at Beckwith Lodge Farm, Beckwith Head (Mrs R J
17/05219/FUL Approved Subject to Conditions
Erection of single storey extension (Revised Scheme) at Bluecoat Wood Nurseries, Otley
Road (Mr I Bradbury)
17/05570/DISCON Confirmation of Discharge
Application for approval of details required under Condition 4 (external materials) of planning permission 17/03084/FUL – Erection of lambing shed and hay store at Haverah
Park Top, Watsons Lane (Mr Horne)
Erection of porch at Woodside Farm, Otley Road (Mr Khan)
Prior Consultation – The Parish Council has no objections.
Demolition of existing conservatory and porch and erection of single storey extension, detached garage block and alterations to fenestration and parking area at Oak House,
(Central House Farm) Hampsthwaite (Mr Stainsby)
The Parish Council has no objections.
Possible breach of planning control at Shaw Green Farm, Shaw Lane. Building erected
On site of previously refused application 05/03518/FUL, also dismissed on appeal.
11. LDF Update: 26 January to 9 March is the period of the new consultation on The Local District Plan. All the ‘local’ plots for development are included.
12. Highways: The Chairman sent an email to Cllr Lumley about several concerns.
The problem about 5 buses parking along Beckwith Head Road is being looked into and awaiting Harrogate Borough Council finding a parking place for them.
Several of the ‘old’ pot holes are now reappearing on Otley Road into Harrogate, B6161 from the village and over the Pot Bank Bridge towards Killinghall.
The bank balances at 13 February 2018 were reported to the Parish Council:
Community Account 2,959.93
Money Manager (Deposit Account) 1,429.79
i) HBC Parish Council Elections 3 May 2018.
ii) HBC District Plan.
iii) HBC Bulbs Scheme – Ask for Daffodils.
iv) HBC Open Day at New Civic Centre 17 February.
v) Chris Arnold Parking on Beckwith Head Road.
vi) Julian Smith MP Surgery Dates
vii) Newsletters and e-mails forwarded to councillors.
15. Update on the Copse: Quote is being forwarded for the grassing cutting the verge – 10 cuts a year – Same price as last year.
A thank you letter to be sent to Mr M MacEwan for cutting part of the verge.
16. Councillors Questions: Cllr Muirhead asked about the new funding about fast Broadband – He will continue to investigate.
17. Date & Time of next meetings: Tuesday 13 March 2018 at 7.45pm
and Tuesday 10 April 2018 at 7.45pm with Open Meeting
and Tuesday 8 May 2018 at 7.45pm with the AGM.
The meeting closed at 9.25pm
Please check the website for further information – www.beckwithshaw.org
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS
Photos for website
Cllr Mrs Ryder
Check Insurance re defibrillator
New funding re Broadband